Most of us seem to spend our adult lives getting further and further into debt.
Then one day, we find ourselves way out of our depth.
Believe me, I’ve learned from (painful) experience that you can have heaps of money but that doesn’t mean you’re going to keep it.
If you want to find out more about what we’ve done in our lives, listen to this podcast.
You can click on one of the graphics on the carousel that’s merrily twirling away underneath us or you can go further down the page and click on a boring normal link when you see a title that interests you.
- Why We Need Multiple Income Streams with Heather AbbotRETIREMENT IS NO EXCUSE TO SIT BACK AND TAKE THINGS EASY! When Heather Abbot got married at age 57, she retired. Pretty soon, she was really bored. So she started looking at possible investments to keep her busy. She’s checked out bitcoins, mining, recycling plastics, network marketing, affiliates, all sorts of things. And then, she started sharing what she learned with others. NOTE: Heather is NOT a Financial Advisor, she simply shares her […]
- 35 Fabulous things to do on a No Spend WeekendHave you ever had a no spend weekend? I have to admit, the whole idea of a no spend weekend makes me want to vomit. I mean, who, in their right minds would want to focus on NOT SPENDING for a minute, let alone a weekend. I know that there are people out there who love the whole idea of frugality and can go for weeks, months or even YEARS without spending any money. I’m not one of them. Let’s cut right to the chase here: I really, really enjoy […]
- Totally Awesome 10-Step Strategy for Debt ReductionWe’re a nation drowning in debt Money is the leading cause of marital disharmony 10 easy-to-follow, clear steps to get out of debt How to go from no debt to debt-free Not doing #3 is the reason most people fail Debt is at an all-time high in pretty much every country in the world and particularly in the western world. We lurve our debt. We wanna have all that stuff, all those things. We want to spend, spend, spend and the banks are more than […]
- These 7 Small Shifts Will Give You Irresistible Results With Your MoneyThe one thing you must do before you spend any money How to: get out of debt manage your money secure your future against unexpected expenses Why we need to be debt-free The Big Secret that all millionaires know Why becoming debt-free is like going on a long car trip I realised that I have such a lot to say about this topic that I tend to write lots and lots of words… And my articles end up quite long. Detailed and lots of fabulous information, but […]
- 9 Life Changing Ways To Supercharge Your Debt ReductionHousehold debt is growing every year The difference between “good” debt & “bad” debt 9 proven ideas to pay off your debt faster (whether that’s “good” debt or “bad”) A fact-finding mission I was trawling through the internet, looking for information for this article on debt (as you do) and came across some interesting information: Australian household debt has steadily risen over the past […]
- 7 Tips to Skyrocket Your SavingsHow to set up a savings plan that you can stick to The secret to saving money Why you need to save money What to do when it all goes wrong (and it will) ***This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link on this blog. I would never recommend a product I don’t use or love myself! You can read the long, boring, legalese disclosure here.*** If you’re anything […]
- The Practical Guide to Budgeting… BackwardsWhy traditional budgets don’t work What is a backwards budget? How to do one Who it’s for Who it’s not for How this might be the quickest way to get ahead financially Avoiding Budgets I don’t know about you, but one of the reasons I avoid budgeting is because I can never, ever see how we’re going to live and save and pay off our debts. When I look at our previous years’ expenditures and try to forecast and budget for the following […]
- 12 interesting ways you can make money (without quitting your job)12 legitimate and interesting ways for you to earn extra money Why you need more than one source of income I just came across an article on Vital Dollar’s website that got me totally intrigued. You’ll find out more about the article later, but anyway, kudos to them for giving me the title of today’s article! Thanks, guys! Why we need more than one source of income Right, there’s no nice way to say this: if you want to get out of debt (this is a […]
- 9 Ways We Sabotage Ourselves With MoneyHow we sabotage ourselves around money. How to identify our habits around money. What we say to ourselves to justify those habits. How to create new money habits and new things to say to ourselves. Learn to recognise when we’re in our old automatic habits and how to switch to the new ones. ***This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link on this blog. I […]
- 7 Steps To Fix Your Money ProblemsEasy steps to fix your money problems Find out what you need to do BEFORE you take any action with your finances Identify what your money blockers are Map out your path to financial success Learn to recognise when you’re back in your old ‘poor’ habits In the financial doldrums… A few months ago, we decided to finally – finally – take control of our finances. Don’t get me wrong, we thought we were in control of our finances… […]
Join the Menopause, Marriage and Motherhood Movement
Other Podcasts & Articles You May Like
- The best way to support teens through emotional distressDespite the fact that it seems like young people today have life easier and better than any generation before them, there is a growing incidence of youth depression, anxiety and suicide that we, as parents / grandparents / teachers / friends, are ill equipped to deal with. It’s interesting that we’re taught how to deal with someone’s physical injuries, but dealing with someone’s emotional or mental injuries or illness […]
- How To Manage Your Hormones, Health, and Happiness During MenopauseWhy is it, when we reach menopause, all of a sudden the food we’ve eaten for the previous forty-odd years makes us feel bloated? One minute, we’re following a food plan that’s worked for us our whole lives and the next minute we’ve gained 10 pounds, we’re not sleeping and we feel like a beached whale. How does that happen? Elizabeth Ward and her friend, fellow registered dietitian nutritionist Hillary Wright, spent their […]
- How to go to bed feeling good about yourselfWhen life throws you a curveball, it tends not to stop at one; you tend to get a whole bag of curveballs coming at you at once. How do you deal with that? How do you stop yourself, breathe and remind yourself who you are and what’s important to you? I hadn’t intended to ask Terry Vincent those questions, but that was where we ended up (me, go off topic with a guest? When has that ever happened before?) One of the truly best things about […]
- How To Do Everything In Two Shakes Of A Lamb’s TailMeet Danielle Hawkins, a country vet who also runs a cattle & sheep farm with her husband, all while bringing up two kids and writing five best selling novels. I’m a fairly avid reader and I’ve loved Danielle’s books, but when the most recent one – Two Shakes Of A Lamb’s Tail – came out, I decided to grab my fear of talking to some random stranger whose work I admired by the horns, wrestle it to the ground and […]
- Why It’s So Difficult To Leave An Abusive RelationshipPart 2 of my conversation with Dr Erica Bowen. You can access Part 1 here. All around the world, domestic violence rates have skyrocketed where ever there were lockdowns. For many of those women, they’ve lived with physical and verbal abuse for years. The question is: why do they stay? Why don’t they just leave? And what can we do for people who are in abusive relationships? How do we support them? A friend of mine has been […]