Hi, my name is Karen O’Connor, host of the Menopause, Marriage and Motherhood podcast and author of this blog.
I’m passionate about sharing the stories, experience and wisdom of midlife women and creating connection and community.
Over the last few years, I’ve realised that most women going through midlife experience some kind of emotional and/or physical crisis, whether that’s a bit of a hiccup or a major eruption.
I also realised that even though menopause is something that 50% of the population will experience, it’s neither understood not discussed enough by most of us, possibly because by the time it becomes a relevant topic, it’s also highly likely to be a dangerous one to bring up!
The podcast & blog is me doing my bit to help change that. It’s also a really good excuse for me to talk to fabulous people, share some laughter and have a bit fun along the way, so come and join us!
Check these out...
The latest podcasts & articles...
- Why It’s So Difficult To Leave An Abusive RelationshipJune 23, 2021Part 2 of my conversation with Dr Erica Bowen. You can access Part 1 here. All around the world, domestic violence rates have skyrocketed where ever there were lockdowns. For many of those women, they’ve lived with physical and verbal abuse […]
- Why Women Stay In Abusive RelationshipsJune 16, 2021Part 1 of my conversation with Dr Erica Bowen. Part 2 will be released next week. All around the world, domestic violence rates have skyrocketed where ever there were lockdowns. For many of those women, they’ve lived with physical and verbal […]
- What happens when your child gets a head injuryJune 9, 2021Back in 2015, my eldest daughter, Kira, was really into her horse riding. Training for 4-5 hours a day, she lived, breathed and existed all things horsey. Then she was thrown from two different horses in the space of three weeks, each time landing […]
- Why Midlife Women Are The Forgotten GenerationJune 2, 2021Part 2 of my conversation with Dr Wendy Sweet. You’ll find Part 1 – How To Avoid Weight Gain In Menopause here If you head over to any health and fitness guru, odds are the pictures you’ll see are of women in their […]
- How To Avoid Weight Gain In MenopauseMay 26, 2021The consensus of opinion is that once you go into peri-menopause, you’ll: 1) put on weight, and 2) probably not sleep for the next 10 years.But what if that doesn’t need to be true. After a long and hugely successful career in the health […]
- Why You Need To Be A Parent Not A FriendMay 19, 2021I had a brainwave: wouldn’t it be cool to ask my kids what they thought of my parenting style and how it’s affected them, what did and didn’t work, what they’d change, what they’ll keep for when they become parents. […]