Hi, my name is Karen O’Connor, host of the Menopause, Marriage and Motherhood podcast and author of this blog.
I’m passionate about sharing the stories, experience and wisdom of midlife women and creating connection and community.
Over the last few years, I’ve realised that most women going through midlife experience some kind of emotional and/or physical crisis, whether that’s a bit of a hiccup or a major eruption.
I also realised that even though menopause is something that 50% of the population will experience, it’s neither understood not discussed enough by most of us, possibly because by the time it becomes a relevant topic, it’s also highly likely to be a dangerous one to bring up!
The podcast & blog is me doing my bit to help change that. It’s also a really good excuse for me to talk to fabulous people, share some laughter and have a bit fun along the way, so come and join us!
Check these out...
The latest podcasts & articles...
- The best way to support teens through emotional distressJuly 21, 2021Despite the fact that it seems like young people today have life easier and better than any generation before them, there is a growing incidence of youth depression, anxiety and suicide that we, as parents / grandparents / teachers / friends, are […]
- How To Manage Your Hormones, Health, and Happiness During MenopauseJuly 14, 2021Why is it, when we reach menopause, all of a sudden the food we’ve eaten for the previous forty-odd years makes us feel bloated? One minute, we’re following a food plan that’s worked for us our whole lives and the next minute […]
- How to go to bed feeling good about yourselfJuly 7, 2021When life throws you a curveball, it tends not to stop at one; you tend to get a whole bag of curveballs coming at you at once. How do you deal with that? How do you stop yourself, breathe and remind yourself who you are and what’s important […]
- How To Do Everything In Two Shakes Of A Lamb’s TailJune 30, 2021Meet Danielle Hawkins, a country vet who also runs a cattle & sheep farm with her husband, all while bringing up two kids and writing five best selling novels. I’m a fairly avid reader and I’ve loved Danielle’s books, but when […]
- Why It’s So Difficult To Leave An Abusive RelationshipJune 23, 2021Part 2 of my conversation with Dr Erica Bowen. You can access Part 1 here. All around the world, domestic violence rates have skyrocketed where ever there were lockdowns. For many of those women, they’ve lived with physical and verbal […]
- Why Women Stay In Abusive RelationshipsJune 16, 2021Part 1 of my conversation with Dr Erica Bowen. Part 2 will be released next week. All around the world, domestic violence rates have skyrocketed where ever there were lockdowns. For many of those women, they’ve lived with physical and […]